Five scholarships valued at $1,000 are available to students who are completing the MAE-CLD or the CLD Endorsement in Fall 2018.
Purpose of Scholarships
These scholarships seek to motivate teachers and educators in the region to develop their culturally responsive teaching strategies and help multilingual learners to guide substantial improvements in classroom, school, or district teaching and learning outcomes.
- Admitted as a MAE-CLD or CLD Endorsement student
- Complete the following items:
- Submit a FAFSA application
- Write a cover letter
- Write a personal statement (900 to 1,100 words) discussing why you are the best candidate for the scholarship (financial need, how funds will help, leadership capacity, etc.)
- Email your FAFSA confirmation, cover letter, and personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write the subject line as [YOUR NAME] SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Deadline: May 1, 2018 or until all scholarship funds are awarded.
Awards will be given to applicants who demonstrate financial need and significant capacity to leverage sustainable improvements in their classrooms, schools, or district teaching and learning environments. Award decisions will be made approximately two weeks after the application deadline. Notifications will be made by email.
Scholarships will be disbursed in equal amounts for the Fall, Spring, and Summer terms. Students must be enrolled in four courses per year (including Summer) to be eligible for disbursement.
Master of Arts and Certificate students will receive automatic renewals of their scholarship if they complete all courses enrolled in during the first year with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average or higher.