Federal Financial Aid

We are authorized to offer federal unsubsidized Stafford loans and federal Graduate Plus loans to students enrolled in the Master of Arts in Education programs.

For information on how to apply please visit the Financial Aid site.

Native American Tuition Waiver

If you are an enrolled member (or the child or grandchild of an enrolled member) of an American Indian Tribal Nation or Alaska Native Village that is recognized as such by the US federal government, you may be eligible to attend FLC tuition-free through the Native American Tuition Waiver (NATW). The NATW covers the tuition costs for graduate students. Students are still responsible for fees and other educational expenses.

In order to receive the Native American Tuition Waiver, you must fill out either page 1 or page 2 of the NATW form:

  • Provide verification of your enrollment in a U.S. federally recognized tribe by submitting a copy of your Tribal Enrollment Card, CIB or letter from your tribe verifying your enrollment. (Page 1)
  • Or, complete the Affirmation of Descendancy form and provide copies of your parent or grandparent’s tribal enrollment documentation. (Page 2)

Documentation for the Native American Tuition Waiver (NATW) must be received by the Graduate Studies Office no later than the start of the semester. The NATW cannot be applied after the deadline. Once you are admitted to a graduate program, please submit your documentation for the NATW.

Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs

  • Public Service Loan Forgiveness – Forgives the remaining balance on Federal Direct Loans after 120 qualifying payments (10 years).
  • Teacher Loan Forgiveness – Forgives up to $17,500 of Direct or FFEL Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loans after 5 complete and consecutive years of teaching at a qualifying school.
  • Perkins Loan Cancellation – Forgives up to 100% of Federal Perkins Loans for those teaching full-time at a low-income school, or teaching certain subjects.