The Master's and Endorsement coursework is offered in Summer 2020. The Alternative Certification cohort begins Fall 2020.
You will need the following to complete the application:
- Application – There are two ways to apply to this program:
- For applicants who are employed by districts that are willing to pay for tuition, please complete the Application & Registration Form for Courses with Instruction Fees Paid by a Third Party (MOU)
- For applicants who are applying without a district MOU, please complete the online Graduate Studies Application for Admission. Select “Non-degree” on the drop down menu for “Application Type” and either “Special Education Endorsement” or “Special Education Alternative Certification” for program. When you submit the application, you will be required to pay the $50 application fee by electronic check or credit card. This fee is non-refundable. If you are experiencing difficulties with the submission of your graduate application, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-247-7097
- Transcripts - Submit sealed official transcripts for all colleges and universities attended for both undergraduate and graduate studies to the Department of Teacher Education. Fort Lewis College transcripts will be obtained for you. In addition to degree applicable coursework, official documents are required for all professional and personal development for which you received credit on a college transcript (this includes conference attendance or coursework for licensure credit). If any of the transcripts show work in progress, final transcripts must also be submitted. Mail transcripts to:
Department of Teacher Education
Fort Lewis College
1000 Rim Drive
Durango, CO 81301-3999
- Praxis Test – Elementary Education (#5001) is required for admission; Special Education (#5354) is required for state certification upon conclusion of the program
- Background check - All applicants will have a background check completed prior to admission
- Resume - A copy of your current resume. Email your finished resume to email@example.com Write RESUME [YOUR NAME] in the subject line. Please include teaching credential information if applicable
- District approved employment contract or letter of offer – letter must include that you have been hired in a special education setting (Alternative Certification applicants only!)
- Release form - Request your direct supervisor to complete the Research Day Release form (Endorsement applicants only!)
Questions - If you are experiencing difficulties with the submission of your graduate application, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-247-7097.