If you already have a teaching license, you may want to add a special education endorsement to your teaching qualifications. Through our program, you will be able to monitor progress for students with disabilities, advocate for students with disabilities, plan transitions for a variety of settings, and process and identify strategies for Response to Intervention (RtI).
Fall 2019 application available in November!
Grow your professional knowledge to:
- Understand the skills and responsibilities of a special education teacher under the guidance of local mentors
- Facilitate and implement instructional strategies based on student needs and IEP mandates
- Recognize the laws and policies associated with special education as related to students with disabilities
- Develop skills in behavior management and the emotional needs of students
- Develop plans and monitor progress of students with significant needs
- Administer and interpret assessments to determine student need
As part of our innovative online program, you will:
- Collaboratively design and implement effective Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- Learn specialized classroom management, instruction, and assessment techniques to increase achievement of diverse learners
- Participate in referral processes for receiving services in special education and for conducting IEP meetings
- Apply appropriate research-based literacy and mathematical interventions
- Apply special education knowledge and skills to a variety of case studies involving student with disabilities