Are you a certified teacher who is devoted to improving student learning in your classroom, becoming a leader of a professional learning community in your building, and advancing your career? Our Teacher Leadership program was created just for you.
Our new cohort begins Fall 2017.
What is a teacher leader?
A teacher leader is someone who:
- Promotes, advocates, and initiates meaningful change in P-12 education
- Collaborates with peers to develop and implement instructional initiatives that respond to problems in student learning and achievement
- Sees opportunities for change, analyzes data, shares ideas with colleagues, and helps to implement and evaluate initiatives
Who is this program for?
- Practicing teachers seeking a Master's degree
- Practicing teachers seeking additional graduate level credit hours
This program does NOT lead to principal licensure or teacher certification. If you are interested in pursuing your teacher certification please review our undergraduate and Post-Baccalaureate programs.
What can you do with this degree?
Our recent graduates have the following job titles or responsibilities:
- District Curriculum Team for Fine Arts
- Grade level team leader
- Program Developer
- School or district committee member
- Staff Advocate
- Student Advisor
- Teacher Mentor/Coach
- Technology Support Person
Master of Arts in Education, Teacher Leadership Option
The Master of Arts program in Teacher Leadership is a two-year graduate program with significant development in the fundamentals of action research, as well as the critical Teacher Leader competencies included in the Teacher Leadership Certificate program. The culminating research project will allow you to improve practices and policies in your program, building, or district.
Teacher Leadership Certificate
The Professional Certificate in Teacher Leadership is a two-year program that develops competencies in technology, culturally responsive teaching, assessment, instructional coaching, differential instruction, and leadership.