Master of Arts in Education, Teacher Leadership Option & Teacher Leadership Certificate
Next cohort begins Fall 2017.
Click here to start your online application today.
You are admissible to the Teacher Leadership degree programs if you meet the minimum standards. The Department of Teacher Education will select among the admissible applicants to form each program cohort. Meeting minimum admission standards does not guarantee admission to a program.
- Earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Minimum cumulative grade point average in:
- Coursework leading to a baccalaureate: 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. Applicants with two or more baccalaureate degrees must have the minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average for each degree awarded.
- Coursework at the graduate level: 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. Applicants with prior graduate work must have the minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average in all graduate work, even if that work did not result in a graduate credential.
- One year of full-time teaching experience in P-12 schools.
- Full-time or part-time employment in a teaching position (or on leave from a teaching position) in a local public or private school as the instructor of record (not a student teacher or teacher aid). Teachers on Special Assignment (TOSA), English Language Learners teachers, or Instruction Coaches are encouraged to apply. Full-time or part-time volunteers in schools are eligible for consideration under special situations.
If you do not meet the minimum standards, you may still be considered for admission, subject to an additional review. Applicants who do not meet minimum admission standards are recommended to complete their application files at least one month prior to the application deadline.
You are admissible as a non-degree-seeking student if you have an earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.