If you have already completed graduate-level teacher education courses, you may be able to transfer those credits to fulfill comparable requirements in the Master of Arts or Certificate programs under the conditions outlined below:
- The maximum number of credits accepted for transfer will be 9 credits for the Master of Arts program and 6 credits for the Certificate program.
- Credits will not be accepted for transfer if:
- The course was not completed at a regionally accredited college or university with a comparable program;
- The course grade was less than B;
- The course was completed more than 6 years prior to the date of admission;
- The course was used to fulfill requirements for a previously earned degree.
- Grades of credits accepted for transfer will not be included in the calculation of the Fort Lewis College grade point average.
The Department of Teacher Education evaluates prior coursework on a case-by-case basis. The departmental reviewers may require a course syllabus to make a recommendation. You will be notified of the Department’s recommendation by email to your Fort Lewis College email account.
Registrar’s Office Review
The Department’s recommendation will be reviewed following the standard policies and procedures of the Registrar’s Office. This review will be completed in 4-6 weeks after receipt of the official transcript(s) from the Department of Teacher Education. The Registrar’s Office will send official notification of the transfer of credit by email to your FLC email address and to the Department of Teacher Education.
Please direct any questions you have about the Registrar’s Office review process to:
Office: Room 160, Miller Student Services Center