Next cohort begins Fall 2017
- Online Application - Complete the online Graduate Studies Application for Admission. Select “Teacher Leadership Certificate” on the drop down menu for “Application Type.” When you submit the application, you will be required to pay the $50 application fee by electronic check or credit card. This fee is non-refundable. If you are experiencing difficulties with the submission of your graduate application, email email@example.com or call 970-247-7097.
- Essay - Submit a 1,200 to 1,500 statement summarizing the two most important challenges facing your classroom, school, district, or program. Email your finished statement to Teacher-Leadership@fortlewis.edu.
- Transcripts - Submit sealed official transcripts for all colleges and universities attended for both undergraduate and graduate studies to the Department of Teacher Education. Fort Lewis College transcripts will be obtained for you. In addition to degree applicable coursework, official documents are required for all professional and personal development for which you received credit on a college transcript (this includes conference attendance or coursework for licensure credit). If any of the transcripts show work in progress, final transcripts must also be submitted. Send transcripts to:
Department of Teacher Education
Fort Lewis College
1000 Rim Drive
Durango, CO 81301-3999
- Referrals - Request three persons -- two peers and your principal or direct supervisor -- to complete the Recommendation form and mail directly to the Department of Teacher Education.
- Release form - Request your direct supervisor to complete the Research Day Release form and mail directly to the Department of Teacher Education.
- Resume - Email a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write RESUME FOR [YOUR NAME] in the subject line.