Innovative Teacher Leadership Scholarship
- Five scholarships valued at $1,000 are available to students beginning in either the Master of Arts program or the Certificate Program in Fall 2019
Purpose of Scholarships
These scholarships seek to motivate the most inspirational teacher leaders in the region to develop their leadership knowledge and skills in order to guide substantial improvements in classroom, school, or district teaching and learning outcomes.
- Admitted to the Master of Arts or Certificate program
- Teaching in:
- Archuleta, La Plata or Montezuma counties
- Aztec, Bloomfield, Farmington, Kirtland or Shiprock communities
- Complete the following items:
- Submit a FAFSA application
- Write a cover letter
- Write a personal statement (900 to 1,100 words) discussing why you are the best candidate for the scholarship (financial need, how funds will help, leadership capacity, etc.)
- Email your FAFSA confirmation, cover letter, and personal statement to Teacher-Leadership@fortlewis.edu. Write the subject line as [YOUR NAME] SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Deadline: April 2, 2019 or until all scholarship funds are awarded.
Awards will be given to applicants who demonstrate financial need and significant capacity to leverage sustainable improvements in their classrooms, schools, or district teaching and learning environments. Award decisions will be made approximately two weeks after the application deadline. Notifications will be made by email.
Scholarships will be disbursed in equal amounts for the Fall, Spring, and Summer terms. Students must be enrolled in two courses per term (including Summer) to be eligible for disbursement.
Master of Arts and Certificate students will receive automatic renewals of their scholarship if they complete all courses enrolled in during the first year with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average or higher.