2017-2018 Graduate Tuition & Fee Schedule
- Resident tuition - Fall/Spring/Summer Terms: $337 per credit hour
- Mandatory Student Fees Fall/Spring/Summer Terms: $62.95 per credit hour
2017-2018 Graduate Tuition & Fee Schedule
Update: Resident and Nonresident tuition will be the same starting in Fall 2017!!!
Federal Financial Aid
Fort Lewis College is authorized to offer federal unsubsidized Stafford loans and federal Graduate Plus loans to students enrolled in the Master of Arts in Education, Teacher Leadership Option, program.
Learn how to apply for and receive federal financial aid.
Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness – Forgives the remaining balance on Federal Direct Loans after 120 qualifying payments (10 years).
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness – Forgives up to $17,500 of Direct or FFEL Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loans after 5 complete and consecutive years of teaching at a qualifying school.
- Perkins Loan Cancelation – Forgives up to 100% of Federal Perkins Loans for those teaching full-time at a low-income school, or teaching certain subjects.
Innovative Teacher Leadership Scholarship
- Five scholarships valued at $1,000 are available to students beginning in either the Master of Arts program or the Certificate Program in Fall 2017
Purpose of Scholarships
These scholarships seek to motivate the most inspirational teacher leaders in the region to develop their leadership knowledge and skills in order to guide substantial improvements in classroom, school, or district teaching and learning outcomes.
- Admitted to the Master of Arts or Certificate program
- Teaching in:
- Archuleta, La Plata or Montezuma counties
- Aztec, Bloomfield, Farmington, Kirtland or Shiprock communities
- Complete the following items:
- Submit a FAFSA application
- Write a cover letter
- Write a personal statement (900 to 1,100 words) discussing why you are the best candidate for the scholarship (financial need, how funds will help, leadership capacity, etc.)
- Email your FAFSA confirmation, cover letter, and personal statement to Teacher-Leadership@fortlewis.edu. Write the subject line as [YOUR NAME] SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Deadline: May 1, 2017 or until all scholarship funds are awarded.
Awards will be given to applicants who demonstrate financial need and significant capacity to leverage sustainable improvements in their classrooms, schools, or district teaching and learning environments. Award decisions will be made approximately two weeks after the application deadline. Notifications will be made by email.
Scholarships will be disbursed in equal amounts for the Fall, Spring, and Summer terms. Students must be enrolled in two courses per term (including Summer) to be eligible for disbursement.
Master of Arts and Certificate students will receive automatic renewals of their scholarship if they complete all courses enrolled in during the first year with a 3.33 cumulative grade point average or higher.
Native American Tuition Waiver
Qualified Native American graduate students can receive a full-tuition scholarship to attend Fort Lewis College. They are still responsible for all other costs of attendance.
For purposes of the tuition waiver, Native American is defined as follows:
"The term Native American shall include all persons of Native American descent who are members of any recognized Native American tribe now under federal jurisdiction, and all persons who are descendants of such members who were, on June 1, 1934, residing within the present boundaries of any Native American reservation, and shall further include all persons of one-half or more Native American blood. Eskimos and other aboriginal people of Alaska shall be considered Native Americans."
For information on the documentation required to qualify for the tuition waiver, email email@example.com. The Department of Teacher Education will review the documentation and determine eligibility for the waiver.
Fort Lewis College offers payment plans to students to cover charges not covered by aid in the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
Learn more about our graduate student payment plans.