You will need the following items to complete the application:
- Online Application Form - Complete the online Graduate Studies Application for Admission. Select “M.A. in Ed. Teacher Licensure” on the drop down menu for “Application Type.” When you submit the application, you will be required to pay the $50 application fee by electronic check or credit card. This fee is non-refundable. If you are experiencing difficulties with the submission of your graduate application, email email@example.com or call 970-247-7097.
- Transcripts - Submit sealed official transcripts for all colleges and universities attended for both undergraduate and graduate studies to the Department of Teacher Education. Fort Lewis College transcripts will be obtained for you. In addition to degree applicable coursework, official documents are required for all professional and personal development for which you received credit on a college transcript (this includes conference attendance or coursework for licensure credit). If any of the transcripts show work in progress, final transcripts must also be submitted. Mail transcripts to:
Department of Teacher Education
Fort Lewis College
1000 Rim Drive
Durango, CO 81301-3999
- Content Tests - PRAXIS or PLACE
- Field Experience - Submit Field experience application.
- Fingerprints - Pick up fingerprint card from Teacher Education Department. Read the fingerprinting and background check instructions.
- Background check fee - Send money order or cashier's check for background check.
- Application essay - 250-500 word statement to each of these four questions:
- What specific skills and dispositions will help you as a teacher and be a successful candidate in the teacher licensure program?
- Describe your experience working with youth that have inspired you to become a teacher.
- Teaching in the 21st century is about collaboration. Explain how you have used collaboration to resolve a challenging situation.
- Project yourself about 3 years ahead of where you are now. Describe one of the classes you are teaching and what it would be like to be a student in your classroom.
- Resume - A copy of your current resume.