You will need the following items to complete the application:
- Online Application Form - Complete the online Graduate Studies Application for Admission. Select “M.A. in Ed. Teacher Licensure” on the drop down menu for “Application Type.” When you submit the application, you will be required to pay the $50 application fee by electronic check or credit card. This fee is non-refundable. If you are experiencing difficulties with the submission of your graduate application, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-247-7097.
- Transcripts - Submit sealed official transcripts for all colleges and universities attended for both undergraduate and graduate studies to the Department of Teacher Education. Fort Lewis College transcripts will be obtained for you. In addition to degree applicable coursework, official documents are required for all professional and personal development for which you received credit on a college transcript (this includes conference attendance or coursework for licensure credit). If any of the transcripts show work in progress, final transcripts must also be submitted. Mail transcripts to:
Department of Teacher Education
Fort Lewis College
1000 Rim Drive
Durango, CO 81301-3999
- GPA You should have a Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on 4.0 scale for undergraduate degree and graduate courses and/or degrees. If your GPA is below 3.0, we ask that you prepare a letter to the Graduate Admission Committee that (1) clearly explains the reason(s) you have not met the 3.0 GPA requirements and (2) describes an action plan that you will use to successfully address reasons you did not earn a 3.0 GPA previously. In your action plan, please include specific strategies you will use to balance the demands of coursework, homework, field study hours, personal commitments, etc. Your plan may include the following strategies or add strategies of your own: create a schedule, work with the Fort Lewis College Writing Center, schedule regular meetings with your professors, and specific study strategies.
- Content Tests - PRAXIS
- Field Experience - Submit Field experience application.
- Background check - The department will complete a background check in Colorado as well as your current state of residency.
- Application essay - Submit a 1,200 to 1,500 statement that describes 1) your interest in graduate education and how it contributes to your personal and professional goals and 2) how the Fort Lewis College graduate program to which you are applying will help you meet your goals. Email your finished statement to email@example.com. Write LICENSURE APPLICATION ESSAY [YOUR NAME] in the subject line.
- Resume - A copy of your current resume. Email your finished resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write RESUME [YOUR NAME] in the subject line.