You may apply for both scholarships and be awarded more than one scholarship. Students who are awarded a Make a Difference Scholarship will be placed in a Title I school for student teaching.
Robert M. Barr & Roberta Armstrong Barr Scholarships:
- Amount: Up to $3,000/year scholarships
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Criteria: Colorado resident
- Disbursement: Scholarships will be disbursed in equal amounts for Fall and Spring terms. Candidates need to reapply each year. Students must have a 3.0 GPA to reapply for funding in the second year.
Make a Difference Scholarships:
- Amount: $1,000/year scholarships
- Number of Awards: five $1,000/year scholarships
- Criteria: Student teaching placement will be in a Title I school where 50% or more students qualify for free and reduced lunch.
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2017 (may re-open if funds still available)
- Notification Date: April 7, 2017 (may be extended if funds still available)
- Disbursement: Scholarships will be disbursed in equal amounts for Fall and Spring terms. Candidates need to reapply each year. Candidates who have a 3.0 GPA and are teaching in a Title I school may reapply for funding in the second year.
Scholarship application process:
Email the following documents to email@example.com with your name and the word "scholarship" in the subject line:
- PDF copy of your completed FAFSA application
- One-page cover letter formally introducing yourself and which scholarships you are applying for
- Personal statement including your need, larger purpose, and long-term goals in teaching, and the type of school (low income, charter, middle, high, rural or urban) where you would like to teach.